Given the spread of COVID-19, there have been unprecedented changes in retail demand. As consumers take to their homes for health and safety reasons, we dug into our Credit and Debit transactional data to understand which retail sectors are being impacted the hardest and will continue to monitor the virus’ impact over the coming months.
This preliminary analysis focuses on the following areas:
- US Consumer Spending Changes YOY
- Impact to Travel with a Focus on the Cruise Industry
- Wholesale, Big Box, Grocery, & Pharmacy YOY Performance
- Regional Impact based on President Trump’s Formal Address to the Nation
- Negative Impact to Apparel & Accessories Industries
- Surprising Resurgence to Office Supply & Pet Store
Read the full report here.
We will continue monitoring consumer demand changes and trends over the coming months.
Follow 1010data for upcoming check-ins on the industries mentioned in this report, restaurants, and a more detailed look at the customers who stocked up, here.