2016 saw some interesting makeup trends like faux freckles that probably won’t make it through the end of 2017. One makeup trend that has been consistent is the growth of online beauty sales. From fragrance to mascara, online beauty has become a $1.2 billion industry.
1010data analyzed online purchases of beauty products from January – December 2016 and found that:
- MAC produced the most sales in the category
- Anastasia generated the most online growth, benefitting from a strong social media strategy
- Burt’s Bees turned product views into purchases better than any other beauty brand online
- One in every five beauty purchases online was made through Amazon Marketplace
- Consumers buy from both mass and prestige beauty brands online
Click here to access the full analysis.