1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 750 of the world’s top retail, distribution, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, RiteAid, and Sysco; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to design and implement large-scale analytics solutions within our Core team; including building tools and interfaces used both internally and by customers, high-performance data manipulation algorithms, and innovative ways to visualize and deliver result sets to customers.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data hosted in our cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the biggest user populations. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
Our Core team builds portable code that enables our customers to use 1010data’s system in a more autonomous way while maintaining performance when dealing with massive amounts of data. They work directly with our customers for tangible feedback on products/technology, enabling rapid release cycles.
If you appreciate the end-end ownership of building tools from scratch and are confident embracing new technologies to make a tangible impact come evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
- Design and implement parallel processing systems that operate on multiple terabytes of data, predominately in C
- Build, tune and manage cloud based applications
- Create technology solutions which have critical business impact
Education & Experience
- 1-2 years proficiency in C or C++
- STEM degree + interesting trajectory of work involving applied quantitative problem solving
- Strong analytical, quantitative and deductive reasoning skills
- Understanding of parallel and distributed systems is nice to have
- Passion for creating the best possible product
- Capable of working independently toward shared goals
- Positive, “roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to confidently present ideas to peers, management, and customers in both verbal and written form
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!