NEW YORK, May 12, 2015 -- 1010data, Inc., providers of the only Big Data Discovery platform that uniquely combines a complete analytical platform with all of the relevant data clients need, next week welcomes leaders in Big Data Discovery to its 2nd Annual Insight Summit. The two-day event is taking place at the Hilton Midtown on May 18-19, and includes attendees from many of 1010data’s more than 700 customers, big data professionals who come from a wide range of industry sectors.
Headlining the summit is a keynote by New York Mets VP of Player Development and Scouting Paul DePodesta, the subject of Michael Lewis’s Moneyball, whose innovative use of baseball statistics revolutionized the sport. His presentation will address how the “Moneyball” approach to big data analytics not only works wonders for Major League Baseball organizations, but also for a diverse set of industries. What’s more, he’ll draw connections showing how the same practices used by baseball scouts and evaluators directly apply to talent recruiters in all fields, not just those used for baseball.
“1010data is proud to again host industry leaders from around the globe to the world’s only event entirely dedicated to Big Data Discovery,” said Sandy Steier, CEO of 1010data. “The Annual Insight Summit informs and challenges managers and executives involved in Big Data around the exciting new ways to create insight using the 1010data platform that will enable their businesses to run more efficiently and profitably. Our debut event last year was a huge success, and this year’s will be even better with a variety of workshops, collaborative breakout sessions, and presentations from 1010data executives and baseball analytics guru Paul DePodesta.”
The summit gives attendees a chance to hear directly from 1010data executives about the state of the company, as well as the industry as a whole. They’ll also learn about exciting new developments in Version 8 of the 1010data platform. Plus, the summit’s presentations and workshops provide comprehensive coverage and keen insight into how big data analytics continue to evolve in sectors such as technology, finance, and retail. Event topics include:
- Building QuickApps — Learn how to start with Big Data Discovery and quickly develop tools that help business management make critical decisions in a repeatable and reliable way.
- Data Blending — Discover how to match disparate data using 1010data’s statistical matching capabilities.
- Linear Modeling — Learn how to perform advanced modeling such as logistic regressions in 1010data.
- R1010 and PMML — Hear how to leverage the power of R with 1010data and learn how to move scored models in R to 1010.
- Map Widgets in 1010data — Explore ways to use 1010data’s new interactive mapping functionality.
- Advanced Retail Analyses — Learn to use 1010data for market basket analysis, calculating and growing customer lifetime value, and identifying and reducing out-of-stocks.
Through its many collaborative programs and breakout sessions, the Annual Insight Summit gives 1010data customers an opportunity to interact, mingle, and discuss their pursuits in big data with one another. They’ll also be able to speak with and learn directly from 1010data executives and representatives at this unique big data discovery event. To view the summit’s full agenda, see https://www.1010data.com/summit2015/agenda.